Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 4, 2012

They've taught me everything and they'll never know it.

I did not post yesterday.
Because I spent my weekend at Spark camp! (For those of you that don't know, Sparks is the branch of Girl Guides of Canada for 5 and 6 year-old girls.)

It was some of the best fun I've had in a long time.

And it was also some of the best learning I've ever had.

Over the course of the weekend, I spent 38 hours with 20 girls. And I learned A LOT:

  • Having a hand to hold can make even the utterly unbearable okay
  • It's okay to want your mummy
  • Hearing a voice can change everything
  • A hug fixes everything
  • Be confident
  • Hug, smile, and love everyone and everything
  • Live the little things
  • Some people are high maintenance
  • It's okay to cry
  • There is a HUGE difference between kindergartners and first graders
  • I love being needed
  • I will put up with sitting uncomfortably for an HOUR if it'll get one little girl to be content
  • A hug and a hand squeeze from a lonely little girl is the best thing I've ever felt
  • Onesies are the CUTEST things IN THE WORLD
  • Helping someone to be strong is the best thing I've ever done.
<3

It's only been an hour and a half and I want them back already!


And I did not wear blue yesterday. Because I was dressed as Thing 1! Which was awesome! And my hairtie was blue, so I guess it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment