Total Pageviews

Monday, May 14, 2012

(Diabetes Blog Week) Find A Friend.

Here's today's prompt: It seems the most popular thing about Diabetes Blog Week is that it helps us find blogs we weren’t reading yet and connect with some new blog friends. With that in mind, let’s kick off Diabetes Blog Week by making some new connections. Think about the d-blogs you read that you think we may not know about and introduce us to one that you love!! Let’s all find a new friend today!

I don't read a lot of diabetes blogs. I read Six Until Me, and occasionally a few that link off of there.
I read all my friends' blogs, but none of them are diabetic and they never post anything anymore.
So really, I need to get more involved in the DOC (Diabetes Online Community).

When I started this blog, I really didn't expect anyone to read it. The only thing on here was a presentation that my teacher thought deserved recognition. And thus began this blog.
At first, I thought out, planned, and edited each and every post. And I only posted things that were huge; the presentation, the story, the WDD awareness. But since I made that promise to myself, I've been using this as a medium to express myself. No planning or thinking - just being who I am.
I don't have a lot any DOC friends because there are very few teens with diabetes who blog. Our lives are just too full of ourselves. :P
I'm also one of those silent lurkers who doesn't comment on anything but still wants to be recognized. But now, I feel like I'm starting to come out of my shell. Participating this week was a big leap.

So I need to find some friends. And hopefully this week will let me do that.

Actually, looking back at this post before publishing it, I realized that maybe I have found one friend. Kerri, at Six Until Me, inspires me every day and is an awesome role model. Her blog was the first real-people diabetes-related thing that I read, and I've never gone back. So although she may not know it, she is a really good friend. Thanks.

And because I am going to find a friend this week, here's a list of all the D-Blog Week participants.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad that you started a blog, and i'm happy to have found it.

    i hope you find some new friends this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so too, and I think I may have!

      Delete