I love my pump. I don't think I would change anything about it, especially now that it's sherlock-tuned. But my meter...
I don't like my meter. At all. I use it because it links with the pump and that's a useful feature, but I really want to use a different one - without having to log all my blood sugars, because a computer printout is easy, if not to understand.
So here's what I would want in a perfect-world meter...
- Colour. Like the pump, I would love it to be colourful, because silver is drab.
- Contrast. The screen on my meter is like an old-fashioned digital clock. I can't read it in the dark, sometimes not even after I turn on the in-screen light. (The new ping meter has a contrast screen, but I can't get that one for another few years).
- Light. At the end of the meter, where the strip goes. So that I could check in the dark without having to blind myself with the big light.
- Size. My meter is huge - it's bigger than my pump. And while I appreciate all that it does, I wish it could be smaller. Like my old AccuChek Aviva - that was tiny. And cute. I like that.
- Cooler case. Other than black. Like the pump cases. Also one that could be inconspicuous, maybe that I could clip to my hip when I don't want to carry a purse.
- Accuracy. Because sometimes, I don't believe my meter.
- Although this might be stretching it a bit: A message feature, so I could for example ask my friend if she has juice. That would be cool.
- Options for sound. Like the option to stop the beeps (and maybe replace it with something more fun? Like it could sing Sherlock every time I checked...)
- A pager. A tiny little pager inside it, so that I could just press a pump button and I would be able to find it. (Actually, everything in my life needs one of these.)
- Connection to the pump. Not for bolus - although that is useful - but for blood sugar reports. Right now I can plug in my pump and everything comes up.
But I guess I'll continue using the one I have. For now. Although lately my eye has been caught by the IBGstar and the VerioIQ - anyone know anything about these?