Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 19, 2013

D-Blog week: Diabetes Art Day.

This year Diabetes Art moves up from the Wildcard choices as we all channel our creativity with art in the broadest sense. Do some “traditional” art like drawing, painting, collage or any other craft you enjoy. Or look to the literary arts and perhaps write a d-poem or share and discuss a favorite quote. Groove to some musical arts by sharing a song that inspires you diabetes-wise, reworking some song lyrics with a d-twist, or even writing your own song. Don’t forget dramatic arts too, perhaps you can create a diabetes reality show or play. These are just a starting point today – there are no right or wrong ways to get creative!

So, again, I missed the day. Sorry. My dad was using the computer all last night. (Also, I was tired and knitting a very confusing pattern = no motivation for anything else.) I was really looking forward to this post - arting for the win! But, since it's now late (Sunday), I don't art well under pressure, and I have other stuff to do, here is my art. Actually, since I'm too lazy to go upstairs, take a picture, upload the picture, then post it, this is the art that I'm choosing to share:

 
This is Lorenzo. He's a flamingo. With a bowtie and tophat. He took a long time to make, and he's awesome. How, may you ask, does he apply to this topic? Well, he took a long time to figure out, he was a huge presence for a while, but now he's kind of faded into the background. Just like diabetes. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment