Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 18, 2014

D-Blog Week: Diabetes Life Hacks.

Share the (non-medical) tips and tricks that help you in the day-to-day management of diabetes.  Tell us everything from clothing modifications, serving size/carb counting tricks to the tried and true Dexcom-in-a-glass trick or the “secret” to turning on a Medtronic pump’s backlight when not on the home-screen. Please remember to give non-medical advice only! 

Well, for starters: bandaids.
I have some of those clear, plasticky ones that are supposedly waterproof and SUPER sticky.
I call them my magic bandaids.
Site curling up? Bandaid.
Site almost out but you don't want to change it yet? Bandaid.
Pretty much anything? Bandaid.
(I'm sure it would work for a CGM too!)

There's the awesome 'my pump's music is terrible and annoying so I'm going to put the Sherlock theme on instead' (which I have yet to do with Bubbles 2.0).

The wonderful shortcut button hidden on the side of my pump - from anywhere to the normal bolus screen. Easy number of carbs to count? Shortcut!

Pumps are hard to wear with dresses, but putting it in the bra usually works. (Except for the occasional oops when you wind up with disco boobs). (Pocket in prom and grad dress? Yes please! My friends laugh, but they cannot know just how serious I am...)

Also, it's awesome to make your meter case YOURS. Stickers, keychains, funny faces...lends to a bit of a smile instead of a black-case glare.


No comments:

Post a Comment