Total Pageviews

Friday, September 27, 2013

Diabeticness and a busy day.

Hey! So, yesterday was a diabetes-filled day. It was great. I had to get up really early cause clinic was at 8am! (Downtown!) It was great though - my A1c is 7.3 (and although that's a bit higher than I'd like it, my only diabetes goal was to not go low, therefore any number above 4.0 was good enough for me for 5 weeks. It's not like I had many highs, but some numbers weren't great. But I also had LOADS of fun, so everything is as it should be :) ). Also, ALSO, I grew! I am now OFFICIALLY 5 foot 4 (and point one of a centimetre!)

After a breakfast at Tim Hortons, I returned to school (missed my chemistry test - urgh) and watched the rest of a very Canadian French film. School, you know. It was school. I have nothing else to say.

But, AFTER school! I got to go to the other Sparks unit for the first time - and they are SO ADORABLE! And, the diabetic one! She's 6, and she's going to be my new best friend :) Her mum said she's never met an older diabetic. Even though we've both had diabetes for almost the same time, she seemed to look up to me (I mean, we went on a walk and she was holding my hand from the get-go, even though her mum was there :) ). I've been waiting to meet a littler kid with diabetes for a long time, someone I can maybe mentor and help a bit. I've never been the 'big girl' diabetic - although I'm not always the youngest in a group, I've almost always been the youngest diabetic - meaning that I've had diabetes for less time than all of my friends. But now, I get to be the big girl, for the first time ever! And now I know someone I can be the big girl for! And because she's a spark, I get to GET to know her! Stoked!

Well, after that I did a presentation on my Europe trip, which went pretty well. And that's all I have to say.

One last thing - Sparks REALLY like the fact that my pump is named Bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment