Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 16, 2012

'Twas in a dark and quiet theater...

So, I went to see the Hobbit on Friday.

It was awesome. *forces self not to flail* And that's all I'll say here, 'cause as far as I know there's still some of you out there that think I'm sane. Maybe. Fingers crossed.

I discovered, while I was at this awesome movie, that diabetes can be really hard to deal with at the movie theater. It's hard to check your blood sugar because it's dark and you only have your lap, you don't know the carbs or the amount you're going to eat of the food, you have to choose the time to bolus wisely so you don't disturb anybody, you have to change all your sound setups to vibrate so they don't go off like a cellphone, and if you're low or high it makes it harder to enjoy the movie.

I found myself really jealous of my friends, just eating candy and popcorn and not mentally having to keep track of everything. They didn't have to worry about hiding their pump's light, keeping blood sugars in check with all the crazy food, and they could just sit back and enjoy THE BEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN. Whoa, whoa, chill. Remember? No flails.

No comments:

Post a Comment