Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sick.

I have ketones.
I haven't had ketones since I was diagnosed.

So many times I've wished that I could just be sick like a normal person - real people sick - just deal with this fever how you would normally deal with a fever. I wish I didn't have to worry about blood sugars or eating right or waking up in the night to deal with unruly sugars.
And we had to get out the book I got when I was diagnosed, the book full of words and numbers that didn't make sense then. The book that we haven't even had to think about for ages.
And on top of all this I don't really know how to deal with a fever because the last one I had was when I was seven and I had some sweet grape medecine and it was all fine. But now I'm going between being so hot that I'm sweating in normal temperature and being so cold that I'm curled up under a duvet shivering. My stomach is growling because I'm hungry but I don't want to eat. I wish that all this would just stop.

But I know that I can do this, and that it'll be over soon enough. I just have to deal with it minute by minute and I'll be okay.

Oh, and on a better note: This is my 50th post!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get better soon! ):
    Do you think you'll be able to go to school tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst thing about being real people sick with diabetes is that you can't just curl up under a blanket and wait for it to pass - you have to worry about all the diabetes-related crap as well :(

    With regards to the fever, can you take painkillers? Aspirin or ibuprofen will help deal with a fever as well as any pain.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clarissa - Thanks, and I sure hope so!

    Angie - Yep. It gets really hard sometimes. I have been taking acetaminophen and that seemed to help. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete