(First of all, on an unrelated note, the awesome diabetic spark joined my unit! Woo!)
There are a lot of things that bother me that I wouldn't even think about without diabetes. Other than the obvious, obviously.
- I can't buy loose pants - my pump pulls them down. Actually, any pants if I don't wear the waistband right. Also any pants I exercise in have to have a tight waistband. Loose sweatpants, comfy as they are, often reveal more than intended. Bubbles doesn't look that heavy, but...
- I can't donate blood. I'm not allowed. That bothers me. A lot.
- I can't be a professional driver. Do I want to be? No. Did I ever want to be? No. (Except for that week in kindergarten when I wanted to drive a backhoe.) Does it bother me that I can't? A little bit.
- Bagels. I'll just leave that there.
- Doorknobs. They suck. They keep pulling out my tubing. Urgh.
Mind you, there are lots of little things that diabetes makes better...
- Free flu shots!
- Free food!
- Free promo stuff!
- Knowing you have something in common as soon as you find someone is diabetic!
- Carb-free meals! (Yay eggs and green veggies!)
- Jokes! (Does this shirt make me look diabetic?)