Total Pageviews

Friday, August 30, 2013

I'm home!

Hey guys! It's been five weeks, four countries, and more than 24 hours on planes, but now I'm home. I went to Wales, England (London), France (Paris) and Switzerland (Adelboden mostly). It was a fabulous time and I'd like to thank my parents, Girl Guides of Canada, and my groups' leaders for giving me this opportunity.

I can't believe it's over and that it's just a memory now. I do have lots of memories though, as well as 700 dollars of souvenirs, tons of pictures, and lots of badges for my camp blanket.

I had minimal diabetes issues on this fabulous adventure - I had a 1.9 that came out of nowhere, a few 2s and some minor lows - but other than that, I was good blood sugar wise. Security was another story - don't you just love it when people try and tell you that "no, no, your pump that the manufacturer told you can't go through the xray is just fine going through"? I love that. NOT. There was one lady that was so not listening to me that the pump nearly did go through the xray! I'm not sure what would have happened, but I don't think it would have been good.

Anyway, I have nothing else to say right now because it's starting to get late and because I am still majorly jetlagged. (Stayed up 26 hours straight yesterday! And it was 630 four times! Woohoo time travel!) Just wanted to say that I'm here, I'm good, and I had the time of my life.

And diabetes? Did not get in the way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment